Click an option below to jump to a section:
Click on a class listing below for more information.
DHSES’s Emergency Management Training Calendar
Is required for all of our Fire and EMS classes. Please include your NYS Training ID when completing this form. In some courses the Chief's Authorization Form is also required, such as in the Firefighter 1 course. If the Chief's Authorization Form is required, it will be noted in the class announcement.
A summary of our policy is as follows:
- Pre-registration is required for EVERY Course.
- Preference will be given to students who have pre-registered over those who have not. If the course is full, all students that do not pre-register will be unable to attend the course.
- If a student pre-registers and does not attend the course, or notify the Deputy Coordinator - Supervisor of Fire Training and/or the Instructor of the absence, they may not be allowed to attend future classes for a period not to exceed one year.
- Students from a Department housed in Chenango County will receive preference over students attending from outside Chenango County. If space is available, then all pre-registered students will be allowed to attend.
- All prerequisites will be verified. If a student does not have the required prerequisites, they will not be eligible to attend the class until such prerequisites are established.
- If required, a proof of recent SCBA fit testing and physical eligibility will be verified. If a student does not provide proof of proper SCBA fit testing or meets the physical requirements of the class, within the allowed timeframe, they will be ineligible to attend the course.
To register for a class, please fill out the form below.
ALL FORM FIELDS ARE REQUIRED.
Click here to download the current course catalog from the NYS office of fire prevention & control.
If you are interested in attending or hosting on of these classes, please have your chief officer contact us.